Saturday 6 December 2014

reviewing #4: Paddington


Paddington was one of my many childhood heros; as a bit of a weird child I admired his polite yet cheeky attitude. I was read Paddington Bear as my bedtime stories, so obviously when I found out a film was being created I went to go and see it!! And guess what? I loved it! 

This fabulous family comedy was directed by Paul King, with the voice of Ben Whishaw as Paddington (whom you'll probably know as the new Q in James Bond (on that note I'm really looking forward to Spectre, especially as Andrew Scott is going to be the villain!)). The comedy elements were great, especially for all the children who were in the cinema who were giggling uncontrollably at every joke. 

Obviously everyone who knows the story of Paddington will know of its immense Britishness. I really loved the London setting and it really helped create a classy and friendly atmosphere for the film. This is because of its original creator was Michael Bond who was a cameraman for the BBC before creating his stories in 1945. The books have now sold more than 35 million copies worldwide. I everyone should know about Paddington and his obsession with Marmalade!!



However, Paddington has been given a PG certificate for 'dangerous behaviours, mild threat, mild sex references [and] mild bad language' from the BBFC. I am worried that this would put parents off, as the stories are meant to be so innocent. As long as parents are okay with this rating I still think it is a friendly entertaining film that's perfect for a Saturday night cinema session.

This film is definitely a must-see for families, or even for people like me with fond memories of Paddington. I really did love it (despite my love for action and drama) and I love comedic childish films as they always make me smile. I recommend this film for christmas get togethers with lots of popcorn.  


     Overall Rating: 7.8 / 10

     Acting Skills: 8.2 / 10

     Cinematography: 9.1 / 10

     Watch-ability: 9.0 / 10

     Must See Rating: 8.0 / 10

PEACE OUT,

celestine.

3 comments:

  1. sounds good! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!!

    http://crisisbeauty.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :) i'm going to see this on Saturday!
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete