Saturday 29 November 2014

reviewing #3: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1


I have to admit, 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins is one of my favourite books, and the series one of the most intense that I have read. It is for that reason that when I found out they were being adapted to films I was seriously excited; for each film I have been in eager anticipation. It has become a world-wide phenomenon, nearly everyone knows the 3-fingered salute, and I am (not to sorry to admit) a huge fan-girl of this franchise. 

'Mockingjay - Part 1' was one of the most anticipated films of 2014, and I think that 'Part -2' will be of of the most anticipated for 2015. However, it has been met with mixed reviews from critics. In my opinion it was not as good as the first two films, but that was inevitable with the split of the final book into two which meant that they final climax is being saved for 'Part - 2'. This being said, I still think it was an excellent film and definitely worth a watch. 

The film had the 16th largest opening for a film of all time (2nd of 2014 behind 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'). I actually saw it on its second day of release... I thought that it was a good adaption to the first half of the book, yet I still prefer the book! Moreover, I loved Jennifer Lawrence's performance as Katniss, she created most of the intensity through her emotive performance. In this finale the character becomes darker due to the intense plot line. 

Overall, if you are a fan you've probably gone to see it already, but if you've never seen any I would honestly wait until November of next year (the scheduled release of 'Part - 2') so that you don't have to wait in hesitant expectation for the ultimate finale (unless you can't wait then definitely go for it)! I'd definitely give the books a go, the first book was my favourite but the second film was my best-loved out of all of the movies (yet!). I'm preparing myself for laughter, anger and tears for 'Part - 2' ... I can't wait!


     Overall Rating: 8.4 / 10

     Acting Skills: 8.9 / 10

     Cinematography: 8.8 / 10

     Watch-ability: 9.3 / 10

     Must See Rating: 10 / 10

PEACE OUT,

celestine. 

8 comments:

  1. Happy December, This film is so popular but i had watched it yet and maybe i should give a try.

    I just followed your site

    http://www.fashionculturediary.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy December right back as ya ;)) it's awesome DEFINITELY watch it :)) xx

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to see it! Im going this weekend but cannot wait another day! Feel like im the only person on the internet that hasnt seen it yet!
    ~shannon
    www.lameliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha you probably are :D it's really great xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the book better...I saw the movie in an empty theatre only 5 people in the whole theatre and it was 2nd day after opening XD
    New follower :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah really only 5 people?? there was no seats left in the cinema when i went :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah...I went with my sister and cousins and were a group of 5..i.e. we were the only ones there XD XD

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your review on the film! I have been meaning to go see it (I love the first two films!) and this was really helpful :)

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete