Wednesday 26 November 2014

bonuslifepoints #2: meditation


Normally when we think of meditation we imagine Buddhists in lotus position, or perhaps even Buddha himself. They strive for enlightenment or a spiritual awakening through the practice of meditation. This mental relaxation is something that should be strived for; especially in this age where busyness is a constant that leads to our achievements. 

Everyone needs a relax every now and again, and the point of this post it to emphasize the importance of having a 'down time', a detox and a relax. This could be achieved in a variety of ways, for example, reading a book, listening to music or just generally sitting somewhere peaceful (also like a bath... but I really don't like baths :D). If there's a place where you find relaxing just go there during times of mental strain when peace is desired. There's this bench that I used to drive past on Saturday mornings where I would always see an old man sat, doing nothing just watching the cars hurry past, and I used to think that the place reminded him of something or someone so he returned there just for the memories.

Although, a lot can be learned from the Buddhist teachings. Their goal is to reach the state of Nirvana through spiritual understanding; we can take from this a goal for peace of the mind. I love this concept (and I believe in Karma too :D) as it's something to aim for. Perhaps just generally being happy could actually lead to this too. 

My favourite time of day is the wind-down before drifting off to sleep. I use it as a time to think through my day and what the future may hold as well as dwelling on the past. In those hazy moments life seems simple; that's why that key moment of my day is my mediation time. For some reason when drowsiness creeps in I don't see my issues as problems but just simple things with easy solutions. 

Therefore, I just think that every so often you should take some 'me-time' just to think things through- particularly during times of crisis. So maybe give it a go... it may help? and apparently it makes you wiser so I'd get going :D

PEACE OUT, 

celestine.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with this; I love “me time” as well. I feel a bit lost, if I don't have some time for myself :)

    Aniqa Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely a peaceful time of the day :D xx

      Delete